Endodontics (Root Canal Treatment) is one of the most popular dental treatment applications. Endodontics application is preferred in cases of serious decay and infection during the recovery of teeth. In this way, the problems that cause the tooth to be completely extracted are also treated and eliminated.
Saving the tooth root and the intact areas of the tooth is one of the main goals of root canal treatment applications. Endodontics, which is a very important treatment for dental health, is performed by our competent physician.
You can contact our Alanya Dental House clinic and make an appointment with our dentist for endodontic applications. In this way, you can get healthy teeth without experiencing tooth loss.
What is Endodontics (Root Canal Treatment)?
Root canal treatment is the first among the most preferred applications among the dentistry treatment methods. Especially in the root canal treatment, which is preferred in order to avoid tooth loss, the tooth is examined in detail and the decay and damaged area is completely cleaned.
Teeth consist of 3 different layers as a structure. The pulp is also one of the layers of teeth. The pula is located in the root canals of the tooth. Its most important function is to feed the female. For this, the pulp layer is completely composed of blood vessels and nerves.
The pulp layer, which has a soft structure, is one of the most quickly damaged places in the tooth. Especially if there is infection in the tooth and this situation has reached the pulp layer, serious dental problems begin.
In dental problems encountered in this way, always extracting the tooth will give a healthier result. However, with endodontics, ie root canal treatment, even the teeth whose pulp layer is damaged can be saved.
During endodontic application, the pulp layer is examined in detail. When the pupal layer of the tooth is damaged due to infection, the tooth will be broken into pieces in a shorter time and in such a way that it will be divided.
Teeth that are not treated and intervened in time will be damaged and lost from the root part over time.
The nerves in the pulp layer are also removed and the intact parts of the tooth are preserved. During endodontic application, infections that have descended to the inner layers of the tooth are cleaned.
The remaining structural gaps of the tooth are also refilled with special fillings by using advanced technology. Thanks to the endodontic application, the tooth can regain its former health and appearance.
How Long Does Root Canal Treatment Last?
Endodontics, that is, root canal treatment, covers a process that may vary according to the general health status of the tooth in the mouth. However, root canal treatment can be completed in maximum 2 sessions. If the damage to the tooth is too much, the number of sessions can be increased under the control of the specialist dentist.
How is Endodontics Applied?
Endodontic procedure should be performed only through a dentist who is an expert in this field. In general, the procedures required for dental nerves and treatments are performed in the endodontic branch.
- Before it is decided to perform endodontics, dental x-rays are taken in the first stage. A decision is made by examining the general condition of the tooth root and also the jaw bone by making a detailed examination.
- If there is an infection in the tooth root or jawbone, our dentist will apply a suitable treatment method.
- If there is an infection that has not landed in the bones and remains in the tooth, the most appropriate treatment method for saving the tooth is root canal treatment. There is no pain in the endodontic procedure performed by applying local anesthesia.
- It is very important that the area remains dry during the endodontic procedure. For this, a special substance covering only around that tooth is placed. What is important in root canal treatment is to reach the pulp layer. This process is a very fine process that requires great care and sensitivity. In order to reach the pulp layer in your tooth, the tooth is finely pierced and made ready for the procedure.
- After the pulp layer is lowered, the infection that has descended to the layers of the tooth is cleaned by the dentist. In order to fully clean the tooth, the entrance of root canal treatment can be expanded if deemed appropriate by the dentist. After the completion of the cleaning process, porcelain coating is applied to the tooth if the filling or material damage is too much.
- Tooth filling can be done in a short time within the time period deemed appropriate by our dentist or on the day of cleaning. After the cavity or hole in the tooth is properly closed, the root canal treatment is also terminated.
Pain During Endodontics
Many people who want to have root canal treatment are curious about the pain situation during endodontic application. During the root canal treatment applied by local anesthesia, no pain occurs after the infection is eliminated.
A little pain can be felt in teeth with severe inflammation. Nevertheless, the pain disappears with the effect of local anesthesia applied with different techniques. It is quite normal to have some sensitivity during the endodontic procedure and it can be seen in many people. However, this is due to the damage to the pulp, which is the most important and sensitive layer of the tooth.
Tooth sensitivity may occur after endodontic procedure. However, this sensitivity passes by itself in only 1 or 2 days. If you are experiencing a very severe level of pain, you should see your dentist as soon as possible.
After the endodontic procedure, sensitivity can be felt in the tooth more than pain. This problem will pass in a few days and is not a situation to worry about.
Things to Consider After Endodontics
Paying attention to some points after the endodontic procedure is very important in order to overcome the healing process in a healthier way.
- Due to the fact that some dental problems are more serious, the endodontic process may not be finished in a single session. For this, if a root canal treatment is done that will end in several sessions, you may be sensitive to hot and cold drinks and foods. In this process, you should be careful not to apply too much pressure to the tooth area where the root canal treatment is performed.
- It is not recommended to consume any beverage or food within the first 2 hours after the end of endodontic application. Even if the root canal treatment is completely terminated, it will be useful to wait a little against any problems that may occur.
- After the root canal treatment, oral and dental care should be taken care of in order for the other teeth to be healthy. You should not neglect daily tooth brushing and you should definitely make it a habit to floss. The use of dental floss is one of the most useful equipment, especially to prevent tooth decay.
What are the Benefits of Root Canal Treatment?
- Endodontics (root canal treatment) is one of the most important applications that primarily provide recovery of the tooth.
- Severe pain may be experienced due to inflammation and infections in the teeth. However, thanks to the root canal treatment, both the tooth is saved and the infection is cleaned. The pain felt thanks to the cleaning of the infection accumulated in the inner plates of the tooth also completely passes.
- Endodontics, which gives the healthiest result in dental treatment and applications, should also be applied much more economically. Root canal treatment is also recommended by many dentists in order to prevent tooth loss and to restore the healthy structure and function of the tooth.
- Root canal treatment can be applied much more easily than other types of dental treatment. It is generally known as a treatment method that ends in a single session. However, the number of sessions may vary according to the problem of your tooth. As a result of the treatment that lasts for several sessions according to the infection in the tooth, the endodontic process is completed.
You can contact our Alanya Dental House clinic for endodontic procedure and other dental treatments.